Über den Autor
Jean-Claude Arragon was born and educated in France. His extensive experience in teaching French at all levels, from beginner to postgraduate, has enabled him to pinpoint the language needs of learners and to guide them towards success.
When travelling, do you want to...
- Have a more authentic and fulfilling experience?
- Feel confident to travel off the beaten English-speaking path?
- Meet people from different cultures?
- Avoid misunderstandings with colleagues and locals?
- Haggle more effectively?
- Be treated better by the locals?
- Feel clever when saying foreign words?Then you need to Get Talking!
We've all travelled abroad with the best of intentions when it comes to speaking the language, only to falter when it comes to the crunch. This quick and constructive course gives you the French you need to talk to the locals - and crucially, the confidence to put it into practice. As well as providing essential vocabulary and phrases, the course also aims to improve your understanding of spoken French, so that you can feel sure of yourself in two-way conversations. Based on the ten situations you are most likely to encounter while abroad, the course builds your knowledge and understanding gradually.
Start speaking immediately
This beginner level audio course from Teach Yourself, a language learning publisher trusted for over 70 years, gets you speaking immediately with carefully chosen scenarios, from travelling and transportation to shopping and ordering food. Easy and convenient, this course will help you gain the skills for understanding and the confidence to speak - in just 10 days.
What will I learn?
Through our interactive learning method, you'll:
- Learn the most frequent words and expressions
- Progress in your understanding as you move from slow to naturally paced conversations
- Improve your pronunciation and sound more natural
- Use the language to give personalised responses
- Practice what you learn in interactive role-play exercises
At every step you are encouraged to listen and speak the language on your own. (Because speaking the language is always better than shouting.)By the end of this course, you will be at level A1 of the Common European Framework for languages: Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type. Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details.
What's in the course?
This course contains:
- Two MP3-Compatible CDs
- A travel phrasebook
- FREE interactive downloadable course book
Through 10 common scenarios plus culture and travel advice, this beginner level audio course will give you the skills for understanding and the confidence to speak - in just 10 days.