Über den Autor
Peter Gasston has been a web developer for over 12 years in both agency and corporate settings. One of the original contributors to CSS3.info, the leading online destination for CSS3, Gasston is the author of The Modern Web (No Starch Press), and has been published in Smashing Magazine, A List Apart, and .net magazine. He also runs the web development blog Broken Links. He lives in London, England.
CSS3 is the technology behind most of the eye-catching visuals on the Web. But the docs can be dry, murky, and full of dastardly caveats for inconsistent browser implementations.
This completely updated second edition of the best-selling Book of CSS3 distills the dense technical language of the CSS3 specification into plain English and shows you what CSS3 can do now, in all major browsers. You'll find fully revised coverage of the updated syntax of gradients, grids, and flexible box layout, as well as all-new chapters on values and sizing, and graphical effects like filter effects and blend modes.
With an abundance of real-world examples and a focus on the principles of good design, The Book of CSS3 will help you expand your CSS skills, as you learn how to:
- Style text with custom font choices, drop shadows, and other effects
- Create, position, and resize background images on the fly
- Spice up static web pages with event-driven transitions and animations
- Apply 2D and 3D transformations to text and images
- Use linear and radial gradients to create smooth color transitions
- Take control of layout with grids, columns, and flexible alignment
- Tailor a website's appearance to every type of web-capable device
The companion website includes up-to-date browser compatibility charts, links to tutorials and resources, and live CSS3 examples.
The Web can be an ugly place. Make it pretty with The Book of CSS3.
A practical, example-filled guide to CSS3 for experienced programmers.
Fully updated to cover newest features in the standard.
- Over 20,000 sold of first editon
- For experienced users
- Companion website contains examples and updated resources
- Author active and well-known in CSS3 community