Today s web technologies are evolving at near light speed, bringing the promise of a seamless Internet ever closer to reality. When users can browse the Web on a three-inch phone screen as easily as on a fifty-inch HDTV, what s a developer to do?
Learn how to:
- Plan your content so that it displays fluidly across multiple devices
- Design websites to interact with devices using the most up-to-date APIs, including Geolocation, Orientation, and Web Storage
- Incorporate cross-platform audio and video without using troublesome plug-ins
- Make images and graphics scalable on high-resolution devices with SVG
- Use powerful HTML5 elements to design better forms
Turn outdated websites into flexible, user-friendly ones that take full advantage of the unique capabilities of any device or browser. With the help of The Modern Web, you ll be ready to navigate the front lines of device-independent development.
Über den Autor
Peter Gasston has been a web developer for more than 12 years in both agency and corporate settings. The author of The Book of CSS3, Gasston has also been published in Smashing Magazine, A List Apart, and .net magazine. He runs the web development blog Broken Links (http://broken-links.com/) and lives in London, England.