A thorough introduction to software reverse engineering using IDA Pro, the standard, professional-grade tool - Previous edition is the best selling guide to IDA Pro
- Updated to cover IDA Pro 6.0's new features and user interface
- Author is a highly respected member of the IDA user community
- IDA Pro is an expensive, professional-grade tool selling for close to $1,000-users have a strong incentive to learn the program's numerous features
No source code? No problem. With IDA Pro, the interactive disassembler, you live in a source code-optional world. IDA can automatically analyze the millions of opcodes that make up an executable and present you with a disassembly. But at that point, your work is just beginning. With The IDA Pro Book, you'll learn how to turn that mountain of mnemonics into something you can actually use.
Hailed by the creator of IDA Pro as "profound, comprehensive, and accurate" the second edition of The IDA Pro Book covers everything from the very first steps to advanced automation techniques. You'll find complete coverage of IDA's new Qt-based user interface, as well as increased coverage of the IDA debugger, the Bochs debugger, and IDA scripting (especially using IDAPython). But because humans are still smarter than computers, you'll even learn how to use IDA's latest interactive and scriptable interfaces to your advantage. Save time and effort as you learn to:
- Navigate, comment, and modify disassembly
- Identify known library routines, so you can focus your analysis on other areas of the code
- Use code graphing to quickly make sense of cross-references and function calls
- Extend IDA to support new processors and filetypes using the SDK
- Explore popular plug-ins that make writing IDA scripts easier, allow collaborative reverse engineering, and much more
- Use IDA's built-in debugger to tackle hostile and obfuscated code
Whether you're analyzing malware, conducting vulnerability research, or reverse engineering software, a mastery of IDA Pro is crucial to your success. Take your skills to the next level with this 2nd edition of The IDA Pro Book.
Über den Autor
Chris Eagle is a Senior Lecturer of Computer Science at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, CA. He is the author of many IDA plug-ins, co-author of "Gray Hat Hacking," and has spoken at numerous security conferences, including Black Hat, Defcon, ToorCon, and ShmooCon.
"The IDA Pro Book" provides a comprehensive, top-down overview of IDA Pro and its use for reverse engineering software. This edition has been updated to cover the new features and cross-platform interface of IDA Pro 6.0.