Über den Autor
Elayne Coakes, Ph.D. is Senior Lecturer in Business Information Management at the Westminster Business School, University of Westminster (UK), teaching Strategies for Information Management and Knowledge Management as well as e-Business Strategies. Stephen Allen Clarke, Ph.D. is the Professor of Information Systems at the University of Hull (UK). He has extensive experience in management systems and information systems consultancy and research, focusing primarily on the identification and satisfaction of user needs and issues connected with knowledge management.
A sample of contents: strategic advantages of CoPs; Using communities to support political action; CoPs for cross-functional working; Using CoPs for organizational learning; Leadership issues within CoPs; Reward systems and formal CoPs; Collective learning within CoPs; Social/Intellectual capital in CoPs; Narrative Inquiry and CoPs; Language (and symbol) development in CoPs; CoPs and Knowledge; Management; The Philosophy and Theory of CoPs/KM.
- Numerous research contributions from leading scholars from all over the world on all aspects of communities of practice in information and knowledge management.
- Comprehensive coverage of each specific topic, highlighting recent and future trends and describing the latest advances.
- A compendium of terms, definitions and explanations of concepts, processes and acronyms written by eminent international experts.
- Thousands of comprehensive references on existing literature and research on communities of practice in information and knowledge management
- Organized by titles and indexed by authors and topics, making it a convenient method of reference for readers.
- Cross referencing of key terms, figures and information pertinent to communities of practice in information and knowledge management.
- With the purchase of a print copy, your library will have access to the electronic edition, free of charge for the life of the publication