Über den Autor
Richard Foley is currently working with DLR (German Space Organization), using Perl to test the storage area network for the Columbus European Space Station. He developed and managed the original Perl bug tracking database for 5 years and is the author of various CPAN modules, including File::Data, Mail::Vacation, Oracle::Debug, and Oracle::Trace. He is the author of perldebtut, the tutorial for the built-in debugger, which is distributed with the Perl source distribution. Foley also authored the book, Perl Debugger Pocket Reference (0596005032).
- Inspecting Variables and Getting Help
- Controlling Program Execution
- Debugging a Simple Command Line Program
- Tracing Execution
- Debugging Modules
- Debugging Object-Oriented Perl
- Using the Debugger As a Shell
- Debugging a CGI Program
- Perl Threads and Forked Processes
- Debugging Regular Expressions
- Debugger Customization
- Optimization and Performance Hints and Tips
- Command Line and GUI Debuggers
- Comprehensive Command Reference
- Book References and URLs
*Surpasses archaic debugging practices.
*Introduces advanced debugger topics such as customization, optimization and extension. *Serves as a valuable resource for developing and deploying rock-solid Perl applications.
*There is no direct competition for an advanced and comprehensive debugging book.