ESSENTIALS OF SPORTS NUTRITION AND SUPPLEMENTS
The official textbook for ISSN's Certification in Sports Nutrition
Jose Antonio, Ph.D.
Doug Kalman, M.S., RD
Jeff Stout, Ph.D.
Mike Greenwood, Ph.D.
Darryn Willoughby, Ph.D.
Part I. Basic Exercise Physiology
1) Skeletal Muscle Plasticity - Joseph Chromiak, Ph.D. and Jose
2) Bioenergetics - Christopher Scott, Ph.D.
3) Endocrinology and Exercise - William J. Kraemer, Ph.D.
4) Cardiopulmonary Response to Exercise - Rick Seip, Ph.D.
5) Molecular Biology of Exercise and Nutrition - Darryn Willoughby,
6) Aspects of Overtraining - Michael Greenwood, Ph.D.
Part II. Exercise Principles and Assessment
7) Principles of Exercise Training - Steven J. Fleck. Ph.D.
8) Lab and Field Techniques for Measuring Performance - Ron Mendel,
9) Methods of Body Composition - Joe Weir, Ph.D.
10) Assessing the Nutritional Needs of Athletes - Susan M. Kleiner,
Part III. Basic and Applied Nutrition
11) An Overview of Macronutrients - Jennifer Hofheins, M.S., RD
12) Protein - Tim Ziegenfuss, Ph.D.
13) Fat - Lonnie Lowery, Ph.D.
14) Carbohydrate - Greg Haff, Ph.D.
15) Vitamins and Minerals - Darin Van Gammeren, MAEd
16) Nutritional Needs of Endurance Athletes - Suzanne Girard Eberle,
17) Nutritional Needs of Strength-Power Athletes - Jim Stoppani, Ph.D.
18) Re-Shaping the Food Guide Pyramid - Alan Shugarman, M.S., RD
19) Special Needs of Youth, Women, and the Elderly - Marie Spano, M.S.,
Part IV. Supplements
20) Sports Application of Creatine - Rick Kreider, Ph.D.
21) Ephedra and Other Weight Loss Ingredients - Chris Mohr, M.S., RD
22) An Overview of Sports Supplements (HMB, glutamine, EAAs, BCAAs,
glucosamine, EFAs, etc) - Chris Lockwood, M.S., CSCS
23) Hormonal Supplements - Legal and Illegal - Tim Ziegenfuss, Ph.D.
Part VI. Special Topics
24) Regulatory Aspects of the Sports Nutrition Industry - Rick Collins,
25) Low Carbohydate Diets - Jeff Volek, Ph.D.
26) Eating to Improve Body Composition -Jose Antonio, Ph.D. and Anssi
27) Pre-, During, and Post-Workout Nutrition for Endurance Athletes -
John Ivy, Ph.D.
28) Pre- During, and Post-Workout Nutrition for Strength-Power Athletes
- Chris Rasmussen, MS
This volume is a comprehensive textbook for the undergraduate course in sports nutrition. Focusing on exercise physiology, this text is to be used in a certification course sponsored by the International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN).
The most comprehensive textbook for the undergraduate course in sports nutrition and sports supplements
Foremost 'thought leaders' in sports nutrition academia and industry serve as editors
To be used in a certification course sponsored by the International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN)