Über den Autor
Kelly Goetsch is an expert on large-scale eCommerce deployments, having architected and implemented many of the large eCommerce websites in the world, including having served as the lead ATG architect for Walmart Global eCommerce. Currently, Kelly is a product manager at Oracle focusing on the Oracle technology that underpins large-scale eCommerce.
Is your eCommerce solution ready for the cloud? This practical guide shows experienced and aspiring web architects alike how to adopt cloud computing incrementally, using public Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service. You will learn how to marshal as much capacity as you need to handle peak holiday or special-event traffic.
Written by eCommerce expert Kelly Goetsch, this book helps architects leverage recent technological advances that have made it possible to run an entire enterprise-level eCommerce platform from a cloud.
* Explore cloud service models: Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, and Software-as-a-Service
* Learn about public, hybrid, and private cloud deployment models
* Understand the impact of omnichannel retailing on platform and deployment architectures
* Build an auto-scaling solution that can quickly add or subtract hardware in response to real-time traffic
* Re-apply what you already know about security to the cloud
* Run a single eCommerce platform from multiple data centers, including several forms of multi-master
* Build a hybrid solution or deploy your entire platform to the cloud
* Learn application and deployment architecture for "cloud native" through legacy eCommerce platforms
* Use Software-as-a-Service for eCommerce, including Content Delivery Networks and Global Site Load Balancing services