Über den Autor
Krishnaswami Alladi is the editor in Chief of Springer's Ramanujan Journal, and the Development in Mathematics Book series. He was chair of the mathematics department of the University of Florida. In addition to his contributions of bibliographic material about his father, Krishnaswami Alladi has directed and organized the development of this tribute volume.
C.R. Rao is inarguably the most prominent academic in the field of Statistics in current times.
John Klauder has served on the Physics Advisory Panel of the NSF and been Editor of the Journal of Mathematical Physics, and as President of the International Association of Mathematical Physics.
Part I. The Legacy of Alladi Ramakrishnan
- Contributions of Alladi Ramakrishnan to the Mathematical Sciences.
- Alladi Ramakrishnan's Theoretical Physics Seminar.
- Telegrams received for the MATSCIENCE inauguration.
- The miracle has happened, speech given by Alladi Ramakrishnan at the inauguration of MATSCIENCE.
- Overseas Trips of Alladi Ramakrishnan.
- List of publications of Alladi Ramakrishnan.
- List of PhD students of Alladi Ramakrishnan.
Part II. Pure Mathematics
- Inversion and invariance of characteristic terms - part I (Abhyankar).
- Partitions with non-repeating odd parts and q-hypergeometric identities (Alladi).
- q-Catalan identities (Andrews).
- Completing Brahmagupta's extension of Ptolemy's theorem (Askey).
- A transformation formula involving the gamma and Riemann zeta functions in Ramanujan's Lost Notebook (Berndt and Dixit).
- Ternary quadratic forms, modular equations, and certain positivity conjectures (Berkovich and Jagy).
- How often is n! a sum of three squares? (Deshouillers and Luca).- Crystal symmetry viewed as zeta symmetry - II (Kanemitsu and Tsukuda).
- Eulerian polynomials: From Euler's time to the present (Foata).
- Crystal symmetry viewed as zeta symmetry II (Kanemitsu and Tsukada).
- Positive homogeneous minima for a system of linear forms (Raghavan).
- The divisor matrix, Dirichlet series, and SL(2,Z)(Sin and Thompson).
- Proof of a conjecture of Alladi Ramakrishnan on circulants (Waldschmidt).
Part III. Probability and Statistics
- Branching random walks (Athreya).
- A commentary on the logistic distribution (Ghosh, Choi, and Li).
- Entropy and cross entropy characterizations and applications (Rao).
- Optimal weights for a class of rank tests for censored bivariate data (Rao, Raychaudhuri, and Wu).
- Connections between Bernoulli strings and random permutations (Sethuraman and Sethuraman).
- Storage models for a class of master equations with separable kernels (Vittal, Jayasankar, and Muralidhar).
Part IV. Theoretical Physics and Applied Mathematics
- Inverse consistent deformable image registration (Chen and Ye).
- A statistical model for the quark structure of the nucleon (Devanathan and Karthiyayini).
- On generalized Clifford algebras and their physical applications (Jagannathan).
- (p,q)-Rogers-Szegö polynomial and the (p,q)-oscillator (Jagannathan and Sridhar).
- Rethinking renormalization (Klauder).
- Magnetism, FeS celluloids, and origins of life (Mitra-Delmotte and Mitra).
- The Ehrenfest theorem in quantum field theory (Parthasarathy).
Contributions include surveys and research articles from notable mathematicians, statisticians, and physicists, spanning three broad areas of science
Volume will be of great interest to attendees of the ICM in Hyderabad August 2010
Historical photos, telegrams,and a biography of Alladi Ramakrishnan are of interest