Über den Autor
César Perez Lopez is a Professor at the Department of Statistics and Operations Research at the University of Madrid. César Perez Lopez is also a Mathematician and Economist at the National Statistics Institute (INE) in Madrid, a body which belongs to the Superior Systems and Information Technology Department of the Spanish Government. César also currently works at the Institute for Fiscal Studies in Madrid.
1. Introduction to the MATLAB Environment
2. Limits and Continuity. One and Several Variables.
3. Numerical Series and Power Series
4. Derivatives and Applications, One and Several Variables
5. Vector Differential Calculus and Theoroms in Several Variables
6. Integration and Applications
7. Integration in Several Variables and Applications
8. Differential Equations
MATLAB is a high-level language and environment for numerical computation, visualization, and programming. Using MATLAB, you can analyze data, develop algorithms, and create models and applications. The language, tools, and built-in math functions enable you to explore multiple approaches and reach a solution faster than with spreadsheets or traditional programming languages, such as C/C++ or Java.
MATLAB Differential and Integral Calculus introduces you to the MATLAB language with practical hands-on instructions and results, allowing you to quickly achieve your goals. In addition to giving a short introduction to the MATLAB environment and MATLAB programming, this book provides all the material needed to work with ease in differential and integral calculus in one and several variables. Among other core topics of calculus, you will use MATLAB to investigate convergence, find limits of sequences and series and, for the purpose of exploring continuity, limits of functions. Various kinds of local approximations of functions are introduced, including Taylor and Laurent series. Symbolic and numerical techniques of differentiation and integration are covered with numerous examples, including applications to finding maxima and minima, areas, arc lengths, surface areas and volumes. You will also see how MATLAB can be used to solve problems in vector calculus and how to solve differential and difference equations.
- MATLAB is growing very quickly in popularity in the IT industry due to Big Data statistical and mathematical demands
- The MATLAB series of books from Apress supply math solutions in MATLAB from an engineering mindset that will appeal to programmers and IT professionals, rather than pure math approaches
- The MATLAB series of books from Apress are written by a single author with a consistent voice and approach to provide consistency across a wide range of topics
- The MATLAB series of books are written by Cesar Perez Lopez, a respected and long standing University academic, governmental statistician and teacher in his field
- Hands-on, practical tutorials, as readers would expect from the Apress brand
- Exercises and solutions for students and IT professionals are provided