Über den Autor
Adam Freeman is an experienced IT professional who has held senior positions in a range of companies, most recently serving as chief technology officer and chief operating officer of a global bank. Now retired, he spends his time writing and long-distance running.
Part I - Getting Started
1. Getting Started
2. Your First Web API Application
3. Essential Techniques
4. Understanding HTTP Web Services
5. SportsStore: Preparation
6. SportsStore: A RESTful Application
7. SportsStore: Creating the Clients
8. SportsStore: Deployment
Part II - Results and Parameter
9. The Anatomy of ASP.NET Web API
10. Creating and Configuring a Web API Application
11. Action Method Results
12. Creating Media Formatters
13. Using the Built-In Media Formatters
14. Understanding Parameter and Model Binding
15. Binding Simple Data Types
16. Binding Complex Data Types - Part 1
17. Binding Complex Data Types - Part 2
18. Model Validation
Part III - Dispatching Requests
19. Dispatching Requests
20. URL Routing - Part 1
21. URL Routing - Part 2
22. Controllers and Actions
23. Filters - Part 1
24. Filters - Part 2
25. Error Handling
26. Using OWIN
Web API 2 is the latest evolution of Microsoft's web services toolkit, which allows the creation of RESTful applications built on the ASP.NET platform. It provides a standards-based approach and a high-productivity development model that makes it easy to deliver services to a wide-range of clients, including mobile devices.
This book puts Web API into context for the experienced MVC Framework developer and dives deep into the tools and techniques required to build Web API applications that integrate with the MVC Framework and shows you how to create single-page applications to consume them.
Best-selling author Adam Freeman explains how to get the most from Web API 2 by building on the foundation of the MVC Framework and the ASP.NET platform. He starts with the nuts-and-bolts and shows you everything through to advanced features, going in-depth to give you the knowledge you need.
- First comprehensive coverage of how to integrate Web API 2 into the MVC framework.
- Covers key topics such as sharing security and identity across Web API and MVC applications
- Written by Adam Freeman, a best-selling author and expert on MVC programming concepts.
- Develops fully working code through the book and demonstrates how to test, refine and deploy that code in a realistic context.