In this book, the author teaches the language of Stata from an intuitive perspective, furthering students' overall retention and allowing a student with no experience in statistical software to work with data in a very short amount of time. The Second Edition covers use of Stata 13.
New to this edition:
1. Thoroughly updated for STATA 13, starting with a new Ch. 1, Working with STATA 13.
2. Because many users will continue to be working with STATA 12, a new appendix: Working with STATA 12 has been added at the back of the book.
3. New sections, Testing Proportions and Multivariate Means Graphs, added to Ch. 6, Relationships Between Different Measurement Levels, to provide more information on these topics.
4. New section, Expanding Stata's Capabilities, added to Ch. 8, Enhancing Your Command Repertoire.
5. New and updated the praised Closer Look boxes throughout the book.