1. Introducing Japanese Fashion, Past and Present
2. Lost in a Gaze: Young Men and Fashion in Contemporary Japan
3. Boys Elegance: A Liminality of Boyish Charm and Old-World Suavity
4. Glacé Wonderland: Cuteness, Sexuality and Young Women
5. Ribbons and Lace: Girls, Decorative Femininity and Androgyny
6. An Ivy Boy and a Preppy Girl: Style Import-Export
7. Concluding Japanese Fashion Cultures, Change and Continuity
Über den Autor
Masafumi Monden is Research Associate at the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia.
Through cutting edge analysis of contemporary style tribes, this original study challenges widely held notions of gender relations and European style imitation in Japan.
Through cutting-edge analysis of contemporary style tribes, Japanese Fashion Cultures challenges widely held notions of gender relations and European style imitation in Japan.