1. THE ROCKET First Foundation
2. THE SHELL,THE CANNON SecondFoundation
3. DRIFTINGS IN THE CEMETERIES Space
4. FETISHES Time
5. THE GATES OF HELL Mass
6. THE EIFFEL TOWER Work
7. THREE SHORT STORIES BY MAUPASSANT:THE TIC The Senses
8. THE HAIR Object, Dead Body
9. BESIDE A DEAD MAN Dentures, Movement
10. THE BEAM Object, God
11. COSTUMES Solid
12. THE HAMMER Homo Faber
13. MAGDALENE AND LAZARUS Knowledge
14. RAPTURE Weight
15. EMPEDOCLES'S RETURN Fire
16. THE SECRET OF THE SPHINX Substitution
17. THE MYTH OF SISYPHUS Falling Bodies
18. ORPHEUS, LOT'S WIFE Sculpture, Music
19. THE STATUE OF HESTIA Epistemology
Über den Autor
Michel Serres is a Professor in the History of Science at Stanford University, USA and a member of the Acad mie Fran aise. A renowned and popular philosopher, he is a prize-winning author of essays and books, such as The Five Senses, Genesis, and Biogea. Randolph Burks is a philosopher specializing in phenomenology and philosophies of the body and nature. He has translated several works by Michel Serres, included Biogea, Variations on the Body and The Hermaphrodite (forthcoming).
1. January 28, 1986 At 11:39 And 74 Seconds Later 2. Recent Memories 3. Before the War 4. Around 1900 5.1883-1884 6. During the Grand Si cle 7. Quattrocento 8. About the Year 33 of our Era 10. Zero 11. Fifth Century before Christ 12. Four Millennia Ago 13. Undated Index
This major contemporary theorist presents provocative new insights into the foundations of knowledge, society, experience and art, and how they relate to death.
Major contemporary theorist, Michel Serres, presents provocative new insights into the foundations of knowledge, society, experience and art, and how they relate to death.