Über den Autor
Judy Owen, Jenni Punt and Sharon Stranford
PART I: INTRODUCTION
1. Overview of the Immune System
2. Cells, Organs, and Microenvironments of the Immune System
3. Receptors and Signaling: B and T Receptors
4. Receptors and Signaling: Cytokine and Chemokine
PART II: INNATE IMMUNITY
5. Innate Immunity
6. The Complement System
PART III: ADAPTIVE IMMUNITY: ANTIGEN RECEPTORS AND MHC
7. Organization and Expression of Lymphocyte Receptor Genes
8. The Major Histocompatibility Complex and Antigen Presentation
PART IV: ADAPTIVE IMMUNITY: DEVELOPMENT
9. T-Cell Development
10. B-Cell Development
PART V: ADAPTIVE IMMUNITY: EFFECTOR RESPONSES
11. T-cell Activation, Differentiation, and Memory
12. B-cell Activation, Differentiation, and Memory
13. Effector Responses: Cell and Antibody-Mediated Immunity
14. Immune Responses in Time and Space
PART VI: THE IMMUNE SYSTEM IN HEALTH AND DISEASE
15. Inflammation: Allergy and Hypersensitivities
16. Tolerance, Autoimmunity, and Transplantation
17. Infectious Diseases and Vaccines
18. Immunodeficiency Disorders
19. Cancer and the Immune System
PART VII: EXPERIMENTAL METHODS
20. Experimental Methods
Presenting current concepts in an experimental context, Kuby Immunology has been thoroughly updated to include a new chapter on innate immunity, a capstone chapter on immune responses in time and space, and many new focus boxes drawing attention to exciting clinical, evolutionary and experimental connections that help bring the material to life. This multi-media pack contains the print textbook and LaunchPad access for an additional £5 per student.
LaunchPad is an interactive online resource that helps students achieve better results. LaunchPad combines an interactive e-book with high-quality multimedia content and ready-made assessment options, including LearningCurve, our adaptive quizzing resource, to engage your students and develop their understanding.
. Pre-built Units for each chapter, curated by experienced educators, with media for that chapter organized and ready to assign or customize to suit your course.
. Intuitive and useful analytics, with a Gradebook that lets you see how your class is doing individually and as a whole.
. A streamlined and intuitive interface that lets you build an entire course in minutes.
LearningCurve in Launchpad
In a game-like format, LearningCurve adaptive and formative quizzing provides an effective way to get students involved in the coursework. It offers:
. A unique learning path for each student, with quizzes shaped by each individual's correct and incorrect answers.
. A Personalised Study Plan, to guide students' preparation for class and for exams.
. Feedback for each question with live links to relevant e-book pages, guiding students to the reading they need to do to improve their areas of weakness.
For more information on LaunchPad including how to request a demo, access our support centre, and watch our video tutorials, please visit here.
Request a demo or instructor access
The only introductory immunology textbook written for undergraduates by teachers of the course, providing unsurpassed pedagogical support for first-time learners, and the most up-to-date