Über den Autor
Matthew Davies and Tony L. Schmitz are Professors of Mechanical Engineering at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Introduction.- Laplace transform techniques.- Elements of lumped parameter models.- Transient rectilinear motion of mechanical systems.- Transient rotational motion of mechanical systems.- Combined rectilinear and totational motions--transmission elements.- Electric circuits.- Electro-mechanical systems.- Thermal systems.- Block diagrams and introduction to control systems.- Frequency domain analysis.
This textbook is ideal for mechanical engineering students preparing to enter the workforce during a time of rapidly accelerating technology, where they will be challenged to join interdisciplinary teams. It explains system dynamics using analogies familiar to the mechanical engineer while introducing new content in an intuitive fashion. The fundamentals provided in this book prepare the mechanical engineer to adapt to continuous technological advances with topics outside traditional mechanical engineering curricula by preparing them to apply basic principles and established approaches to new problems.
This book also:
· Reinforces the connection between the subject matter and engineering reality
· Includes an instructor pack with the online publication that describes in-class experiments with minimal preparation requirements
· Provides content dedicated to the modeling of modern interdisciplinary technological subjects, including opto-mechanical systems, high-speed manufacturing equipment, and measurement systems
· Incorporates MATLAB® programming examples throughout the text
· Incorporates MATLAB® examples that animate the dynamics of systems
Contains designs and instructions for constructing and conducting in-class system dynamics experiments that reinforce the connection between the subject matter and engineering reality
Has an instructor pack with the online publication including in-class experiments with minimal preparation requirements
Provides content dedicated to the modeling of modern interdisciplinary technological subjects including opto-mechanical systems, high-speed manufacturing equipment, and measurement systems
Incorporates MATLAB® and Simulink® throughout the text
Contains interactive applets that animate the dynamics of systems