Part 1: Complex Communication Networks
1. Network Traffic and Routing
2. Optimization in Designing Complex Communication Networks
3. Robustness and Vulnerability
4. Resilience of the Internet to Random and Intentional Breakdown
5. Network Interdependency and Cascading Failures
6. Searching in Complex Networks
Part 2: Online Social Networks
1. Internet-scale Measurement and Analysis of Online Communities
2. Correlation of Different Types of Social Networks
3. Social Media Analysis: Blogs and Friendship Networks
4. Implication of Social Networks on Networks and Distributed System Design
5. Algorithms and Theoretical Analysis of Several Problems in Online Social Networks
6. Security and Privacy: Optimization Perspectives
7. Diffusion and Viral Propagation in Online Social Networks
8. Networks emerging from Internet services and portals: e-mail, p2p, blogs, Friendster, LinkedIn, ...
9. Social influence
Part 3: Dynamic and Evolution Aspects
1. Mobile Social Networks
2. Security and Virus Propagation
3. Information sharing and forwarding
4. Network Traffic Dynamics
5. Dynamic Models for Human Behavior
6. Evolution and stability of social structures
7. Phases and predictions in social network evolution
Complex Social Networks is a newly emerging (hot) topic with applications in a variety of domains, such as communication networks, engineering networks, social networks, and biological networks. In the last decade, there has been an explosive growth of research on complex real-world networks, a theme that is becoming pervasive in many disciplines, ranging from mathematics and computer science to the social and biological sciences.
Optimization of complex communication networks requires a deep understanding of the interplay between the dynamics of the physical network and the information dynamics within the network.
Although there are a few books addressing social networks or complex networks, none of them has specially focused on the optimization perspective of studying these networks. This book provides the basic theory of complex networks with several new mathematical approaches and optimization techniques to design and analyze dynamic complex networks.
A wide range of applications and optimization problems derived from research areas such as cellular and molecular chemistry, operations research, brain physiology, epidemiology, and ecology.
This is the first publication of results and articles that study complex network systems from an optimization perspective
Presents the most recent research developments in the study of optimization in complex social and communication networks
Includes new research on optimization techniques applied to online social networks and online media