If you’re a programmer new to regular expressions, this easy-to-follow guide is a great place to start. You’ll learn the fundamentals step-by-step with the help of numerous examples, discovering first-hand how to match, extract, and transform text by matching specific words, characters, and patterns.
* Discover what regular expressions are and how they work
* Learn many of the differences between regular expressions used with command-line tools and in various programming languages
* Apply simple methods for finding patterns in text, including digits, letters, Unicode characters, and string literals
* Learn how to use zero-width assertions and lookarounds
* Work with groups, backreferences, character classes, and quantifiers
* Use regular expressions to mark up plain text with HTML5