If you’re grounded in the basics of Objective-C and Xcode, this practical guide takes you through the components you need for building your own iOS apps. With examples from real apps and programming situations, you’ll learn how to create views, manipulate view controllers, and use iOS frameworks for adding features such as audio and video.
* Learn how to create, arrange, draw, layer, and animate views—and make them respond to touch
* Use view controllers to manage multiple screens of material in a way that’s understandable to users
* Explore UIKit interface widgets in-depth, such as scroll views, table views, text, web views, and controls
* Delve into Cocoa frameworks for sensors, maps, location, sound, and video
* Access user libraries: music, photos, address book, and calendar
* Examine additional topics including files, threading, and networking
New iOS 7 topics covered include asset catalogs, snapshots, template images, keyframe and spring view animation, motion effects, tint color, fullscreen views and bar underlapping, background downloading and app refresh, Text Kit, Dynamic Type, speech synthesis, and many others. Example projects are available on GitHub.
Want to brush up on the basics? Pick up iOS 7 Programming Fundamentals to learn about Objective-C, Xcode, and Cocoa language features such as notifications, delegation, memory management, and key-value coding. Together with Programming iOS 7, you’ll gain a solid, rigorous, and practical understanding of iOS 7 development.