Über den Autor
Eric A. Meyer is the author of the critically acclaimed online tutorial Introduction to HTML, as well as some other semi-popular Web pages. He is a member of the CSS&FP Working Group and the author of Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide.
From custom fonts to ad-hoc font families you assemble out of a variety of individual faces, CSS 3 gives you more typographic options than ever before. This concise guide shows you how to use CSS properties to gain a fine-grained and wide-ranging influence over how you display fonts on the Web.
Short and sweet, this book is an excerpt from the upcoming fourth edition of CSS: The Definitive Guide. When you purchase either the print or the ebook edition of Fonts, you’ll receive a discount on the entire Definitive Guide once it’s released. Why wait? Learn how to choose and manipulate fonts right away.
* Specify font families and their generic alternatives
* Use @font-face to specify customized downloadable fonts
* Size your fonts with absolute or relative scales, percentages, or length units
* Understand the difference between italic and oblique styles
* Learn how to specify or suppress a font’s kerning data and other font features
* Synthesize your own variants for fonts that lack bold or italic text