Über den Autor
Terry Jones is currently CTO of Fluidinfo, which he founded in 2007. He also works on virus discovery in the Zoology department at the University of Cambridge. Before founding Fluidinfo, he was a postdoc in Zoology at Cambridge (2004-07) where he spent time helping the WHO design part of the human influenza vaccine. He was a part-time professor in CS at the Universitat de Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona (2005-06), CTO of Eatoni Ergonomics in New York (2000-04), a postdoc in Cognitive Science at UCSD (1998-99), CEO of Teclata in Barcelona (1996-98), Chief Knowledge Officer at Chiliad (1998), a postdoc and graduate fellow at the Santa Fe Institute (1992-96), and taught undergrad CS at Earlham College (1990-91). He has a Ph.D. in CS from the University of New Mexico, an M.Math from the University of Waterloo, and a B.Sc. in CS from Sydney University.
* Understand the logic behind creating deferreds and returning promises
* Get a structured explanation of jQuery’s deferred API
* Delve into the dynamics of using deferreds
* Explore a broad collection of useful deferred recipes developed by the authors
* Gain hands-on experience by solving challenges that accompany each recipe
* Go deeper into deferreds: encounter novel abstractions and mind-bending use cases