Über den Autor
After an idyllic childhood spent playing with BASIC on French 8-bit computers like the Thomson T-07 whose keys go "boop" when you press them, Harry spent a few years being deeply unhappy with Economics and management consultancy. Soon he rediscovered his true geek nature, and was lucky enough to fall in with a bunch of XP fanatics, working on the pioneering but sadly defunct Resolver One spreadsheet. He now works at PythonAnywhere LLP, and spreads the gospel of TDD world-wide at talks, workshops and conferences, with all the passion and enthusiasm of a recent convert.
By taking you through the development of a real web application from beginning to end, this hands-on guide demonstrates the practical advantages of test-driven development (TDD) with Python. You’ll learn how to write and run tests before building each part of your app, and then develop the minimum amount of code required to pass those tests. The result? Clean code that works.
In the process, you’ll learn the basics of Django, Selenium, Git, jQuery, and Mock, along with current web development techniques. If you’re ready to take your Python skills to the next level, this book clearly demonstrates how TDD encourages simple designs and inspires confidence.
* Dive into the TDD workflow, including the unit test/code cycle and refactoring
* Use unit tests for classes and functions, and functional tests for user interactions within the browser
* Learn when and how to use mock objects, and the pros and cons of isolated vs. integrated tests
* Test and automate your deployments with a staging server
* Apply tests to the third-party plugins you integrate into your site
* Use a Continuous Integration environment to run your tests automatically