Über den Autor
Brian Svidergol specializes in Microsoft infrastructure and cloud-based solutions around Windows, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, System Center, virtualization, and MDOP. He holds the MCT, MCITP (EA), MCITP (VA), MCITP (Exchange 2010), and several other Microsoft and industry certifications. Brian authored Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) course 6426C - Configuring and Troubleshooting Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory. He has also worked on Microsoft certification exam development and related training content for several years. When he isn’t working on technology projects, he enjoys family time, basketball, and gaming.
Take the guesswork out of deploying, administering, and automating Active Directory. With hundreds of proven recipes, the updated edition of this popular cookbook provides quick, step-by-step solutions to common (and not so common) problems you might encounter when working with Microsoft’s network directory service.
This fourth edition includes troubleshooting recipes for Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, and Exchange 2013, based on valuable input from Windows administrators. You’ll also find quick solutions for the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS), multi-master replication, DNS, Group Policy, and many other features.
* Manage new AD features, such as the Recycle Bin, Group Managed Service Accounts, and fine-grained password policies
* Work with AD from the command line and use Windows PowerShell to automate tasks
* Remove and create forests, domains, and trusts
* Create groups, modify group scope and type, and manage membership
* Delegate control, view and modify permissions, and handle Kerberos tickets
* Import and export data with LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF)
* Synchronize multiple directories and enforce data integrity within a single or multiple stores
* Back up AD, and perform authoritative and non-authoritative restores