Learn how to build data-intensive apps that run faster at a lower cost, using Google Compute Engine. Written by Google engineers, this book walks you through Google s new Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) product. You ll discover how to leverage Google s world-class storage and computing technologies to gain unparalleled performance and scalability.
Learn how to run large-scale, data-intensive workloads with Compute Engine, Google’s cloud platform. Written by Google engineers, this tutorial walks you through the details of this Infrastructure as a Service by showing you how to develop a project with it from beginning to end. You’ll learn best practices for using Compute Engine, with a focus on solving practical problems.
* Access and manage Compute Engine resources with a web UI, command-line interface, or RESTful interface
* Configure, customize, and work with Linux VM instances
* Explore storage options: persistent disk, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL (MySQL in the cloud), or Cloud Datastore NoSQL service
* Use multiple private networks, and multiple instances on each network
* Build, deploy, and test a simple but comprehensive cloud computing application step-by-step
* Use Compute Engine with Docker, Node.js, ZeroMQ, Web Starter Kit, AngularJS, WebSocket, and D3.js