Über den Autor
Peter Meyers designs, speaks, and writes about digital books. After co-founding pioneering multimedia textbook publisher Digital Learning Interactive, he launched a successful career as a freelance journalist, writing about the strange and wonderful effects of computers on mainstream culture for many publications, including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Wired, Salon, and the Village Voice. During a subsequent five-year tour of duty at O’Reilly Media he worked in the Missing Manual group, serving as managing editor and associate publisher. His most recent writing projects include Best iPad Apps (O’Reilly Media, 2010) and Breaking the Page: Transforming Books and the Reading Experience. He blogs at www.newkindofbook.com and you can follow him on Twitter @petermeyers. Peter's undergraduate degree is from Harvard, where he studied American history and literature, and he has an MFA in fiction from the Iowa Writers’ Workshop.
Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD combines the most popular e-reader and tablet features in one sleek package, and with this entertaining guide, you’ll master everything the Fire has to offer. With loads of illustrations, step-by-step instructions, and savvy tips, you’ll learn how to manage your media library in the cloud, find the coolest apps, and make the most of your Kindle Fire experience—no matter which model you choose.
The important stuff you need to know:
* Read all about it. Find ebooks and newspapers in the Kindle Store, and add your own books and magazines.
* Use great new features. Discover Amazon’s X-Ray service, and parental controls for individual users.
* Take in a show. Watch movies and TV series, and display your photos and videos.
* Go online. Browse the Web and manage email with Wi-Fi and 4D LTE.
* Fill up your jukebox. Listen to your favorite music from Amazon and iTunes.
* Load up on apps. Get popular games, guides, and references with Amazon’s Apps for Android.
* Get to work. Read PDFs, Word files, Excel spreadsheets, and other docs.