Über den Autor
Yakov Fain is a Managing Director at Farata Systems, a company provides consulting and training services. He authored several books on Java and Flex and dozens of articles on software development. Sun Microsystems has nominated and awarded Mr. Fain with the title of Java Champion, which was presented to only a hundred people in the world. Yakov is Certified Adobe Flex Instructor. He holds MS in Applied Math. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to build your organization’s next web application with HTML5, this practical book will help you sort through the various frameworks, libraries, and development options that populate this stack. You’ll learn several of these approaches hands-on by writing multiple versions of a sample web app throughout the book, so you can determine the right strategy for your enterprise.
* Rebuild the sample app, first with jQuery and then Ext JS
* Work with different build tools, code generators, and package managers
* Build a modularized version of the app with RequireJS
* Apply test-driven development with the Jasmine framework
* Use WebSocket to build an online auction for the app
* Adapt the app for both PCs and mobile with responsive web design
* Create mobile versions with jQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch, and PhoneGap