Über den Autor
Jennifer Greene and Andrew Stellman have been building software together since 1998. Jennifer has a testing background, and has managed teams of architects, developers, and testers. She has led multiple large-scale outsourced projects. Between the two of them, they have managed every aspect of software development. Jennifer and Andrew formed Stellman & Greene Consulting in 2003, with a focus on project management, software development, management consulting, and software process improvement. They have worked in a wide range of industries, including finance, telecommunications, media, non-profit, entertainment, natural language processing, science and academia. For more information about them and their book, Applied Software Project Management, visit http://www.stellman-greene.com.
Head First C# is a complete learning experience for learning how to program with C#, XAML, the .NET Framework, and Visual Studio. Fun and highly visual, this introduction to C# is designed to keep you engaged and entertained from first page to last. Updated for Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio 2013, and includes projects for all previous versions of Windows (included in the book, no additional downloading or printing required).
You’ll build a fully functional video game in the opening chapter, and then learn how to use classes and object-oriented programming, draw graphics and animation, and query data with LINQ and serialize it to files. And you'll do it all by creating games, solving puzzles, and doing hands-on projects. By the time you're done, you'll be a solid C# programmer—and you'll have a great time along the way!
* Create a fun arcade game in the first chapter, and build games and other projects throughout the book
* Learn how to use XAML to design attractive and interactive pages and windows
* Build modern Windows Store apps using the latest Microsoft technology
* Learn WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) using the downloadable WPF Learner's Guide
* Using the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern to create robust architecture
* Build a bonus Windows Phone project and run it in the Visual Studio Windows Phone emulator
Projects in the book work with all editions of Visual Studio, including the free Express editions.