Although Node has a complete library of developer-contributed modules to automate server-side development, this book will show you how to program with Node on your own, so you truly understand the platform. Discover firsthand how well Node works as a web server, and how easy it is to learn and use.
* Set up Node and learn how to build scaffolding for a web application
* Work with Node natively to see how it functions as a web server
* Understand how Node receives client data from GET and POST requests
* Use the Socket.IO module to facilitate realtime client-server communication
* Choose from among several Node templates to create dynamic pages
* Learn how to connect to a database, and store data in files
* Implement the Model-View-Controller pattern, and share Node modules with server and client