Über den Autor
Dan Pilone is Rational Certified in OOAD, RUP, and Rose. His previous employer was a Rational Partner and Dan has taught (formally as well as informally) quite a few UML classes for Hughes, ARINC, UPS, Georgia Systems Operation Center (GSOC), and the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). As a software architect for clients, Dan has made extensive use of UML (in all views of the architecture) to help convey information to management, developers, team leads, and requirement folks (doing use case analysis in a UML-like fashion). Dan is also Sun J2EE Enterprise Architect certified, which required him to submit his own EJB designs using UML sequence, class, and collaboration diagrams. Dan has worked at Hughes Inc. developing a satellite communication system for which they did real-time UML modeling, and also large numbers of State Diagrams to model the acquisition/control stages.
Let's say you have a killer app idea for iPhone and iPad. Where do you begin? Head First iPhone and iPad Development will help you get your first application up and running in no time. You'll not only learn how to design for Apple's devices, you'll also master the iPhone SDK tools—including Xcode—and Objective-C programming principles to make your app stand out.
Whether you're a seasoned Mac developer who wants to jump into the App store, or someone with strong object-oriented programming skills but no Mac experience, this book is a complete learning experience for creating eye-catching, top-selling iPhone and iPad applications.
* Install the iPhone OS SDK and get started using XCode
* Put Objective-C core concepts to work, including message passing, protocols, properties, and memory management
* Take advantage of iPhone OS patterns such as datasources and delegates
* Preview your applications in the Simulator
* Build more complicated interactions that utilize multiple views, data entry/editing, and rotation
* Work with the iPhone's camera, GPS, and accelerometer
* Optimize, test, and distribute your application
We think your time is too valuable to waste struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First iPhone and iPad Development has a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works, not a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.