Über den Autor
Jonathan Stark is a mobile and web application consultant who the Wall Street Journal has called an expert on publishing desktop data to the web. He has written two books on web application programming, is a tech editor for both php|architect and Advisor magazines, and has been quoted in the media on internet and mobile lifestyle trends. Jonathan began his programming career more than 20 years ago on a Tandy TRS-80 and still thinks Zork was a sweet game.
You’ll learn how to create an Android-friendly web app on the platform of your choice, and then use Adobe’s free PhoneGap framework to convert it to a native Android app. Discover why device-agnostic mobile apps are the wave of the future, and start building apps that offer greater flexibility and a much broader reach.
* Convert a website into a web application, complete with progress indicators and other features
* Add animation with JQTouch to make your web app look and feel like a native Android app
* Make use of client-side data storage with apps that run when the Android device is offline
* Use PhoneGap to hook into advanced Android features, including the accelerometer, geolocation, and alerts
* Test and debug your app on the Web with real users, and submit the finished product to the Android Market