Über den Autor
Charles Edge started looking to share his knowledge of the Mac OS X Server operating system in 2004. His first speaking appearance at a large conference was DefCon 2004. Since then he has spoken at conferences such as MacSysAdmin, MacWorld, LinuxWorld and BlackHat. Since then, Charles has been the author of 6 books, including the Enterprise Mac Administrator's Guide, Enterprise Mac Security and the Enterprise iPhone and iPad Administrator's Guide. For the past 10 years, Charles has been the Directory of Technology for 318, a Mac-first consultancy based in Santa Monica, California. Charles is also the author of krypted.com, a site dedicated to heterogenous networking.
If you’re considering a Mac OS X server for your small business, school, nonprofit, or home network, this easy-to-follow guide will help you get up and running in no time. You’ll learn how to share files, mail, and calendar information on your desktops, iPads, iPhones, and other devices, whether you’re new to Mac OS X servers or need to update your skills for the Lion edition.
Discover how to configure your network to include multiple operating systems—including Mac, iOS, and Windows—and set up servers for wikis, websites, and podcasts with relative ease.
* Plan your installation to make sure you have the right server hardware
* Control data access with permissions, and use Apple’s Time Machine to back up your network
* Share contacts, schedules, and instant messaging with groupware
* Manage wikis, blogs, and websites with Lion’s web service
* Build an email server and protect it against spam and malware
* Handle preferences for the network’s Apple computers and iOS devices
* Deploy new Apple computers to the network with disk imaging