Über den Autor
Julia Lerman is the leading independent authority on the Entity Framework and has been using and teaching the technology since its inception two years ago. She is well known in the .NET community as a Microsoft MVP, ASPInsider and INETA Speaker. She is a prolific blogger, a frequent presenter at technical conferences around the world, including DevConnections and TechEd and she writes articles for many well-known technical publications.
The DbContext API captures Entity Framework’s (EF) most commonly used features and tasks, simplifying development with EF. This concise book shows you how to use the API to perform set operations with the DbSet class, handle change tracking and resolve concurrency conflicts with the Change Tracker API, and validate changes to your data with the Validation API.
With DbContext, you’ll be able to query and update data, whether you’re working with individual objects or graphs of objects and their related data. You’ll find numerous C# code samples to help you get started. All you need is experience with Visual Studio and database management basics.
* Use EF’s query capabilities to retrieve data, and use LINQ to sort and filter data
* Learn how to add new data, and change and delete existing data
* Use the Change Tracker API to access information EF keeps about the state of entity instances
* Control change tracking information of entities in disconnected scenarios, including NTier applications
* Validate data changes before they’re sent to the database, and set up validation rules
* Bypass EF’s query pipeline and interact directly with the database