Über den Autor
S. Alexander Haslam is a professor in the School of Psychology at the University of Queensland, Australia.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Research in Psychology: Objectives and Ideals
Chapter 3: Research Methods
Chapter 4: Experimental Design
Chapter 5: Survey Design
Chapter 6: Descriptive Statistics
Chapter 7: Some Principles of Statistical Inference
Chapter 8: Examining Differences between Means: The t-test
Chapter 9: Examining Relationships between Variables: Correlation
Chapter 10: Comparing Two or More Means by Analysing Variances: ANOVA
Chapter 11: Analysing other Forms of Data: Chi-square and Distribution-free Tests
Chapter 12: Classical Qualitative Methods
Chapter 13: Contextual Qualitative Methods
Chapter 14: Research Ethics
Chapter 15: Conclusion: Managing Uncertainty in Psychological Research
The second edition of Haslam and McGarty's best-selling textbook, Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology, provides students with a highly readable and comprehensive introduction to conducting research in psychology. The book guides readers through the range of choices involved in design, analysis, and presentation and is supplemented by a range of practical learning features both inside the book and online. These draw on the authors' extensive experience as frontline researchers, and provide step-by-step guides to quantitative and qualitative methods and analyses. Written in an accessible and engaging style, this text encourages deep engagement with its subject matter and is designed to inspire students to feel passionate for the research process as a whole.
This second edition offers:
- A comprehensive guide to the process of conducting psychological research from the ground up - covering multiple methodologies, experimental and survey design, data analysis, ethics, and report writing
- An extensive range of quantitative methods together with detailed step-by-step guides to running analyses using SPSS
- Extended coverage of qualitative methods
- 'Research Bites' in every chapter: thought-provoking examples of issues raised by contemporary society and research
- An extensive range of additional learning aids in the textbook to help reinforce learning and revision
- A host of on-line resources for instructors and students available on publication at www.sagepub.co.uk/haslamandmcgarty2e.
Electronic inspection copies are available for instructors.