Über den Autor
Vicky Hutchin has many years of experience as an early years practitioner, teacher, writer, Local Authority consultant and was Senior Years Foundation Stage Regional Adviser in the National Strategies early years team, and was involved in the consultation and the support materials for the original EYFS.
Endorsed by CACHE, this is the ideal book for you if you are an early years professional, a Level 2 or Level 3 child care learner, are working in a pre-school or are working as a child minder. This book will de-mystify the revised 2012 Early Years Foundation Stage, and show how you can deliver the new EYFS using the best and most effective standards of professional practice.
Each chapter explains a key theme of the EYFS and follows a model of 'Observation, Assessment and Planning', 'Understanding the theme', 'What the experts say', 'Effective Practice' and 'Points for Reflection'.
This new book:
- Is endorsed by CACHE, giving you the assurance that the content has been approved by the leading awarding body in Child Care qualifications.
- Covers all the key aspects of the revised EYFS relating to support for children's learning and development, with an emphasis on explaining best practice and practical examples.
- Explains complex ideas in the revised EYFS in simple and accessible language.
- Provides opportunities for self evaluation and reflection.
- Contains activities and case studies.
- Clearly and simply explains the latest theory and research as related to the EYFS and how it can influence effective practice.