Über den Autor
Margaret Thompson MBChB, MD, FRCP (Glas), FRCPsy School of Psychology, University of Southampton, UK Christine M Hooper BA (econ), CQSW, MSc Retired family and marital therapist, New Forest, Hampshire, UK Cathy Laver-Bradbury SRN, RSCN, HV, MSc Consultant Nurse, Solent Healthcare NHS and University of Southampton, UK Christopher Gale RNMH, MSc Lecturer in Child and Adolescent Mental Health, University of Southampton, UK
Child and Adolescent Mental Health covers the child and adolescent mental health issues that present to all professionals working with children, young people and their families. Clear theoretical explanations are balanced with illustrative case histories to give the text a distinct practical focus.
The book covers all the core aspects of child and adolescent mental health, starting with the background to emotional and behavioural problems, looking at models and tools for assessment and treatment before examining the specific problems encountered in children, young people and their families from different cultural backgrounds.
Key features include:
- clear theoretical framework for each topic
- integrated approach from different disciplines
- case studies
- information about other resources available to professionals and families, including new government initiatives
New for the second edition:
- sections on the influence of genetics on behaviour, working with children with learning difficulties, evidence based paediatric and psychological developments
- updated and revised with latest references and theories
- website www.hodderplus.com (correct titles needed) containing essential links to key information and practical ancillaries
- an updated quick reference format
- multiple choice questions for revision and testing
An essential text for all professionals working with children, young people and their families, including student and practitioner: psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, mental health nurses, social care specialists.