Insulin and the Physiology of Carbohydrate and Lipid Metabolism.
2. Insulin Signalling: Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms
3. Mechanisms of Insulin Resistance, Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome
4. Obesity and Cancer: Epidemiology
5. Insulin, Insulin Resistance and Cancer Associations
6. Animal Models of Hyperinsulinemia, Insulin Resistance and Cancer
7. Actions of Insulin as a Survival and Growth Factor: Akt/PKB, mTOR and MAPK Signaling.
8. Potential Mechanisms Linking Insulin to Cancer
9. Insulin-like Growth Factors and Cancer
10. Insulin, IGF Receptors and Cancer
11. Clinical Implications for Cancer Treatment and Prevention
In-depth detail of basic concepts of insulin and cancer and how they interact.
Reviews the epidemiological associations between insulin resistance and cancer.
Focuses primarily on breast cancer as a key and significant model for cancer research and insulin.