Über den Autor
Robert Chin has a bachelor of science degree?in computer engineering and is experienced in C/C++ and UnrealScript.?He has written 3D games in C/C++ using the DirectX and OpenGL graphics APIs for the Windows platform.?He has served as a Unreal UDK consultant and written UDK UnrealScript-based programs for clients, including an entire commercial game coded specifically for the iOS platform.
2. Java on Android
3. 3D Math Review
4. 3D graphics using OpenGL ES 2.0
5. Motion and Collision
6. Game Environment
7. Drone Grid Case Study: Creating the Player
8. Drone Grid Case Study: Creating the Enemies
9. Drone Grid Case Study: The User Interface
10. The Final Drone Grid Game
11. The Android Native Development Kit (NDK)
12. Publishing and Marketing your Final Game
Beginning Android 3D Game Development is a unique, examples-driven book for today's Android and game app developers who want to learn how to build 3D game apps that run on the latest Android 5.0 (KitKat) platform using Java and OpenGL ES.
Android game app development continues to be one of the hottest areas where indies and existing game app developers seem to be most active. Android is the second best mobile apps eco and arguably even a hotter game apps eco than iOS. 3D makes your games come alive; so in this book you'll find that we go in depth on creating 3D games for the Android platform with OpenGL ES 2.0 using an original case study game called Drone Grid.
Moreover, this book offers an extensive case study with code that will be modular and re-useable helping you create your own games using advanced vertex and fragment shaders. Drone Grid is a game app case study that is somewhat similar to the best selling Geometry Wars game series utilizing a gravity grid and colorful abstract graphics and particles.
After reading and using this book, you'll be able to build your first 3D Android game app for smartphones and tablets. You may even be able to upload and sell from popular Android app stores like Google Play and Amazon Appstore.
1. This Apress book aims to be first or unique English language book to market on Android 3D Game Programming (there is however a Chinese lang book.).
1. Given sell like, there may be some potential for retail, trade sales.
2. Otherwise, most revenue should come from the high relevancy of Android in books as a service database engines like Safari where Android meme is nearly at the top.
3. Android has the most user market share worldwide and is second best apps eco although game specific development seems more popular on Android than iOS.