- Seeing the Big Picture in a Crowded App Store Market Place
- Doing Your Homework: Analyzing iOS App Ideas and Performing Competitive Research
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property
- Your iOS App Is Your Most Powerful Marketing Tool
- Social Inception: Promoting Your Apps Within Apps
- Money for Nothing: When It Pays to Be Free
- Monetizing Free Apps with iAd and Other In-App Advertising Opportunities
- Exploring the Freemium Model with In-App Purchase
- Testing and Usability: Putting Your Best Foot Forward
- Get the Party Started! Creating a Prerelease Buzz
- Keys to the Kingdom: The App Store Submission Process
- Increasing Awareness for Your iOS App
Updated and expanded for the new Apple iOS 7 and 8, The Business of iOS App Development, Third Edition shows you how to incorporate marketing and business savvy into every aspect of the design and development process, giving your app the best possible chance of succeeding in the App Store.
This book and its best-selling legacy is written by experienced developers with business backgrounds, taking you step-by-step through cost-effective marketing techniques that have proven successful for professional iOS app creators-perfect for independent developers on shoestring budgets. No prior business knowledge is required.
The phenomenal success of the iPhone, iPad and the iPod touch have ushered in a "gold rush" for developers, but with well over a million apps in the highly competitive App Store, it has become increasingly difficult for new apps to stand out in the crowd. Achieving consumer awareness and sales longevity for your iOS app requires a lot of organization and some strategic planning. This is the book you wish you had read before you launched your first app!
The Business of iOS App Development, Third Edition shows you how to incorporate marketing and business savvy into every aspect of your iPhone and iPad apps design and development process.