Über den Autor
Jayant Daithankar has 24 years of Industry and SAP experience with multiple implementations,upgrade and consultancy engagements for global clients.Certified SAP consultant for Finance and Controlling , SAP delivery head for Transportation Unit and driving SAP Transportation management for logistic practice and other business units.I had strong domain experience in financial area with multiple professional qualifications to credit and had been focusing on SAP in logistic industry.Senior level experience in business process re-engineering (BPR) and in the delivery of BPR in large ERP projects, system analysis and application design of SAP processes for customer specific requirements .Associated closely with SAP TM product from its version 6 to latest release which is version9 and and discussed with SAP and shared evaluation feedback on TM versions released.Currently,working as Centre of Excellence lead in global IT major.
- Overview of Transportation Industry: Evolution of Industry, Trends, Leaders
- Need for TMS: Challenges, IT Landscape
- TMS Product Landscape: Vendors, Product Overview, Plans, Comparison
- SAP TMS - Overview, Architecture, Roadmap
- TMS Product Selection Framework
- Best Practices: Industry best practices for implementation/roll-out and maintenance of SAP TMS
- Team Composition and Skill Matrix required for TM engagement, How to built competency in TM
- Transformation Impact of SAP TMS Implementation
- New Dimension Products like HANA, Mobility, Analytics and its impact on TM
- Process Mapping: End to End Freight Life Cycle Scenarios with exceptions, deviations covered
- Appendix A: Step-by-step Guide for Configuring and Implementing SAP TM 9
The implementation of a TMS solution is a highly complex and mission critical project. If executed correctly a good TMS can deliver a number of benefits to the organization in terms of optimization, greater efficiency, reduced errors and improved revenue through accurate invoicing. However a number of projects fail to realize these benefits for a host of reasons such as an incorrect product selection, over customization of the system and lack of detailed processes. The evaluation and selection of the right transportation management system is a very critical step in the successful implementation of a TMS product as well as ensuring that the organization is able to realize the benefits expected from the system.
Transportation Management with SAP TM 9 is a guide for CIO/CXOs evaluating options for various transportation management solutions available in the market and helps inappropriate decision making before committing investment. A proven evaluation framework and guidance provided in the book can help decision makers with product selection and help to create a business case for management approval and design a future roadmap for the organization. The book provides a comprehensive understanding of what SAP transportation management is and is useful for teams involved in TM Implementation and roll outs to ensure preparedness. The book explains end-to-end freight life cycle processes, functional system landscape, implementation challenges and post go-live precautions required to optimize investments in SAP TM.
Transportation Management with SAP TM 9 also acts as a step by step implementation guide with details of configuration required to set up a TM9 system. This book also covers the upgrade of SAP TM8 to SAP TM9 which will be useful for existing clients who are on TM 8. Nonavailability of SAP TM skilled resources is a major challenge faced by organizations and the book provides a detailed competency bui