Über den Autor
Godfrey Nolan is president of RIIS LLC, where he specializes in website optimization. He has written numerous articles for magazines and newspapers in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. Nolan has had a healthy obsession with reverse engineering bytecode since he wrote Decompile Once, Run Anywhere, which first appeared in Web Techniques in September 1997.
1. Before You Start
2. UI/UX Design Patterns
4. Agile Android
5. NDK and Embedded Android
7. Device Testing
Android Best Practices by Godfrey Nolan shows you how to make your Android apps stand out from the crowd with great reviews. Why settle for just making any Android app? Build a brilliant Android app instead that lets your users praise it for ease of use, better performance, and more.
Using a series of example apps which gradually evolve throughout this book, Android Best Practices brings together current Android best practices from user interface (UI)/user experience (UX) design, test-driven development (TDD), and design patterns (e.g., MVC) to help you take your app to the next level.
In this book you'll learn how to:
• Use Android design patterns for consistent UI experience on many devices
• Use agile techniques such as test-driven development, behavior-driven development, and continuous integration
• Improve the speed and overall performance of your app
• Organize an Android app using design patterns such as MVC/MVP
• Create and consume REST and SOAP web services
Designing and developing an app that runs well on many if not all the leading Android smartphones and tablets today can be one of the most daunting challenges for Android developers. Well, this book takes much of the mystery out of that for you.
After reading and using Android Best Practices, you'll become a much better Android app designer and developer, which in turn can make your apps better placed and more successful in the market place.
- This aims to be first Android best practices book to book market, which deals with design patterns but much more, too.
- Godfrey Nolan is an Android and Java expert.
- Android market is one of the two leading apps development platforms and apps eco.