Über den Autor
Keith Lee is a Technologist with over 20 years of experience designing and implementing information systems, primarily in the areas of enterprise IT, mobile and desktop application development, and Web 2.0 technologies.
- Getting Started
- Using Classes
- Objects and Messaging
- Memory Management
- The Preprocessor
- Expert Section - Using ARC
- Runtime System
- Runtime Architecture
- Expert Section - Using the Runtime APIs
- Foundation Framework General Purpose Classes
- Foundation Framework System Services
- Foundation Framework Specialized Services
- Foundation Functions and Data Types
- Expert Section - Error Handling
- Objective-C Literals
- Concurrent Programming
- Key-Value Programming
- Appendix A: Language Elements
- Appendix B: Xcode Xposed!
- Appendix C: Using LLDB
The Objective-C programming language continues to grow in popularity and usage because of the power and ease-of-use of the language itself, along with the numerous features that continue to be added to the platform. If you have a basic knowledge of the language and want to further your expertise, Pro Objective-C is the book for you.
Pro Objective-C provides an in-depth, comprehensive guide to the language, its runtime, and key API's. It explains the key concepts of Objective-C in a clear, easy to understand manner, and also provides detailed coverage of its more complex features. In addition, the book includes numerous practical examples--code excerpts and complete applications--that demonstrate how to apply in code what you're learning.
The book begins with an exploration of Objective-C's basic features and key language elements. After reviewing the basics, it proceeds with an in-depth examination of the Objective-C dynamic programming features and runtime system. Next the book covers the Foundation Framework, the base layer of APIs that can be used for any Objective-C program. Finally, new and advanced features of Objective-C are introduced and shown how they make the Objective-C language even more powerful and expressive.
Each topic is covered thoroughly and is packed with the details you need to develop Objective-C code effectively. The most important features are given in-depth treatment, and each chapter contains numerous examples that demonstrate both the power and the subtlety of Objective-C.
Start reading Pro Objective-C and begin developing high-quality, professional apps on the OS X and iOS platforms using the Objective-C programming language!
- Pro Objective-C provides an in-depth, comprehensive guide to the Objective-C programming language.
- It includes many in-depth, practical examples.
- This book includes detailed explanations of the language, its runtime, and key APIs that enable advanced programming with Objective-C.
- Objective-C is the driving language the runs the iOS (for iPhone and iPad) and Mac OS X Mountain Lion SDKs.