Introduction to HTML5 WebSocket The WebSocket API The WebSocket Protocol Building Instant Messaging and Chat over WebSocket with XMPP Using Messaging over WebSocket with STOMP VNC with the Remote Framebuffer Protocol WebSocket Security Deployment Considerations Appendix A: Inspecting WebSocket Traffic Appendix B: WebSocket Resources
Über den Autor
Vanessa Wang is an HTML5 and WebSocket enthusiast who has spent more than fifteen years writing about such diverse subjects as complex database application tools and cutting-edge web technologies. She is currently Manager of Technical Publications at Kaazing and co-organizer of the San Francisco HTML5 User Group. When she is not writing, she enjoys organizing community events for HTML5 and related technologies, kickboxing, riding her motorcycle, and playing her cello. Follow her on Twitter (@vjwang).
- Introduction to HTML5 WebSocket
- The WebSocket API
- The WebSocket Protocol
- Building Instant Messaging and Chat over WebSocket with XMPP
- Using Messaging over WebSocket with STOMP
- VNC with the Remote Framebuffer Protocol
- WebSocket Security
- Deployment Considerations
- Appendix A: Inspecting WebSocket Traffic
- Appendix B: WebSocket Resources
The Definitive Guide to HTML5 WebSocket is the ultimate insider's WebSocket resource. This revolutionary new web technology enables you to harness the power of true real-time connectivity and build responsive, modern web applications.
This book contains everything web developers and architects need to know about WebSocket. It discusses how WebSocket-based architectures provide a dramatic reduction in unnecessary network overhead and latency compared to older HTTP (Ajax) architectures, how to layer widely used protocols such as XMPP and STOMP on top of WebSocket, and how to secure WebSocket connections and deploy WebSocket-based applications to the enterprise. Build real-time web applications with HTML5.
Introduces you to the WebSocket API and protocol
Describes and provides real-world examples of protocol communication over WebSocket
Explains WebSocket security and enterprise deployment
- Gives readers an accessible and in-depth overview of the WebSocket API and protocol
- Provides real-world examples of HTML5 and WebSocket applications that demonstrate real-time connectivity
- Describes key aspects of WebSocket security and explores enterprise deployment of WebSocket applications