1. An Android in Every Home
2. First Steps with the Android SDK
3. Game Development 101
4. Android for Game Developers
5. An Android Game Development Framework
6. Mr. Nom Invades Android
7. OpenGL ES: A Gentle Introduction
8. 2D Game Programming Tricks
9. Super Jumper: A 2D OpenGL ES Game
10. OpenGL ES: Going 3D
11. 3D Programming Tricks
12. Android Invaders: The Grande Finale
13. Going Native with the NDK
14. Marketing and Monetizing
15. Publishing Your Game
16. What's Next?
Beginning Android Games, Second Edition offers everything you need to join the ranks of successful Android game developers, including Android tablet game app development considerations. You'll start with game design fundamentals and programming basics, and then progress toward creating your own basic game engine and playable game apps that work on Android and earlier version compliant smartphones and now tablets. This will give you everything you need to branch out and write your own Android games.
The potential user base and the wide array of available high-performance devices makes Android an attractive target for aspiring game developers. Do you have an awesome idea for the next break-through mobile gaming title? Beginning Android Games will help you kick-start your project. This book will guide you through the process of making several example game apps using APIs available in new Android SDK and earlier SDK releases for Android smartphones and tablets:
The fundamentals of game development and design suitable for Android smartphones and tablets
The Android platform basics to apply those fundamentals in the context of making a game, including new File Manager system and better battery life management
The design of 2D and 3D games and their successful implementation on the Android platform
This book lets developers see and use some Android SDK Jelly Bean; however, this book is structured so that app developers can use earlier Android SDK releases. This book is backward compatible like the Android SDK.
- This book updates a successful strong selling book, Beginning Android Games.
- This book was first Android game tutorial books for developers
- Android and gaming are key tech and book markets.