Tactical Trend Trading
The Market Backdrop
Setups and Chart Patterns
Systematic Trend Following
Discipline and Risk Control
Summing It All Up
- Tactical Trend Trading
- The Market Backdrop
- Setups and Chart Patterns
- Technical Tactics
- Market Considerations
- Systematic Trend Following
- Discipline and Risk Control
- Summing It All Up
"Follow trends and make money, or don't follow trends and don't make money. Robert Robbins wants investors to follow trends. His effort is to be saluted." -Michael W. Covel, bestselling author of Trend Following, The Complete Turtle Trader, and Trend Commandments
"A must-read for both the experienced and newcomers. The student has bypassed his mentor." -Ralph Bloch, consultant at Bulls, Bears, & Bloch
"Rob presents both the new and experienced trader with insights needed for successful trading. As a long-time trend follower, I share many of Rob's thoughts in Tactical Trend Trading. If you are truly interested in learning an investment strategy without the hype from a real trader, then this is the one definitive source." -Andrew Abraham, author of Learn How to Trend Follow
Conventional wisdom has long insisted that the best-if not the only-stock market strategy worth employing is the traditional buy-and-hold model. But buy-and-hold investing is no match for today's turbulent markets, where real change happens every day and companies and entire industries are stamped out in the blink of an eye. Fortunately, there is a better way, one that enables market participants to preserve their capital while increasing their net gains in even the most volatile of markets. That way is trend trading, and with Tactical Trend Trading as your guide, you will be better prepared than ever before to tackle-and profit from-every curveball that today's topsy-turvy markets throw your way.
Written by hedge fund manager and trend trader Robert Robbins, Tactical Trend Trading starts out from the basic premise that if market participants learn to embrace change, they will be better able to harness its ability to unlock profits in every corner of the markets. To that end, Robbins equips you not only with the technical trading tools you need to analyze the market backdrop and identify and trade with market-prevailing trends, but also psychological guidelines that will enable you to blast through the emotional obstacles that stand in the way of profit generation and risk control. Rich in detail yet easy to digest and implement, Tactical Trend Trading covers:
The basics of trend trading, including what it is, its primary benefits and drawbacks, what type of commitment it entails, and how you can use it every day to profit from market volatility;
How to leverage technical analysis and sentiment indicators to pinpoint profit-generating stocks, sectors, and trends, predict market corrections, and execute perfectly timed trades;
Mental strategies for surmounting the ingrained psychological and emotional habits that prevent traders from realizing true financial success;
Techniques for developing a systematic approach to the markets that will enable you to survive and thrive in up, down, and sideways markets;
And much more.
Along the path to becoming a successful trend trader, your technical acumen and mental fortitude will be tested every step of the way. Prepare yourself for the brave new world of today's ever-changing financial markets with Tactical Trend Trading, which provides you with all the moneymaking insights you need to capture trends, trade with the flow, and pull in profits, regardless of whether market conditions are good or bad.
- Offers readers an all-access pass to the fast-paced world of trend trading, the preferred trading methodology of hedge fund managers and one of the few trading techniques that has consistently proven profitable in turbulent markets
- Includes introductory chapters on the basics of trend trading, then delves deeper into the topic by identifying technical tools, concepts, psychological guidelines, and philosophies that winning trend traders use to protect their preexisting capital and beat the market, regardless of the financial climate
- Author Rob Robbins, a hedge fund manager and professional trend trader, draws on his extensive trading experience to show readers how to find the best trends in the market and use proven stock selection strategies to capture profits from them
- Author speaks several times each year at finance- and investing-related conferences, maintains a sizable email database of people who are interested in the financial markets and trading, and is planning on buying copies of the book in bulk to give away to his preexisting and prospective clients and sell to his contact list.