Über den Autor
David Powers is an Adobe Community Expert for Dreamweaver and author of a series of highly successful books on PHP, including PHP Solutions: Dynamic Web Design Made Easy and Foundation PHP for Dreamweaver 8. As a professional writer, he has been involved in electronic media for more than 30 years, first with BBC radio and television and more recently with the Internet. His clear writing style is valued not only in the English-speaking world; several of his books have been translated into Spanish and Polish. What started as a mild interest in computing was transformed almost overnight into a passion, when David was posted to Japan in 1987 as BBC correspondent in Tokyo. With no corporate IT department just down the hallway, he was forced to learn how to fix everything himself. When not tinkering with the innards of his computer, he was reporting for BBC television and radio on the rise and collapse of the Japanese bubble economy. Since leaving the BBC to work independently, he has built up an online bilingual database of economic and political analysis for Japanese clients of an international consultancy. When not pounding the keyboard writing books or dreaming of new ways of using PHP and other programming languages, David enjoys nothing better than visiting his favorite sushi restaurant. He has also translated several plays from Japanese.
- What Is PHP-And Why Should I Care?
- Getting Ready to Work with PHP
- How to Write PHP Scripts
- Lightening Your Workload with Includes
- Bringing Forms to Life
- Uploading Files
- Using PHP to Manage Files
- Generating Thumbnail Images
- Pages That Remember: Simple Login and Multipage Forms
- Getting Started with MySQL
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP and SQL
- Creating a Dynamic Online Gallery
- Managing Content
- Formatting Text and Dates
- Pulling Data from Multiple Tables
- Managing Multiple Database Tables
- Authenticating Users with a Database
This book gives you real value right away through a series of practical examples that you can incorporate directly into your sites, optimizing performance and adding functionality.