Über den Autor
Adam Freeman is an experienced IT professional who has held senior positions in a range of companies, most recently serving as chief technology officer and chief operating officer of a global bank. Now retired, he spends his time writing and long-distance running.
- Introducing Parallel Programming
- Task Programming
- Sharing Data
- Coordinating Tasks
- Parallel Loops
- Parallel LINQ
- Testing and Debugging
- Common Parallel Algorithms
Parallel programming has been revolutionised in .NET 4, providing, for the first time, a standardised and simplified method for creating robust, scalable and reliable multi-threaded applications. The Parallel programming features of .NET 4 allow the programmer to create applications that harness the power of multi-core and multi-processor machines. Simpler to use and more powerful than "classic" .NET threads, parallel programming allows the developer to remain focused on the work an application needs to perform.
In Pro .NET 4 Parallel Programming in C#, Adam Freeman presents expert advice that guides you through the process of creating concurrent C# applications from the ground up. You'll be introduced to .NET's parallel programming features, both old and new, discover the key functionality that has been introduced in .NET 4, and learn how you can take advantage of the power of multi-core and multi-processor machines with ease.
Pro .NET 4 Parallel Programming in C# is a reliable companion that will remain with you as you explore the parallel programming universe, elegantly and comprehensively explaining all aspects of parallel programming, guiding you around potential pitfalls and providing clear-cut solutions to the common problems that you will encounter.
1. The only Parallel Programming written explicitly for .NET programmers and covering the new features of .NET 4
2. Provides readers with step-by-step guidance and pre-written code samples to help them avoid common pitfalls and solve common parallel programming challenges.
3. Written by an proven author with many years experience of parallel programming in a business environment.