Über den Autor
Pete Finnigan is a world-renowned expert in the area of Oracle security providing consultancy, design expertise, security audits, and trainings, all in the area of Oracle security. Pete is a member of the OakTable Network. He has spoken regularly all over the world at various conferences such as UKOUG, PSOUG, BlackHat, and Risk. Pete is a published author on Oracle security, and researches and writes about the subject regularly. Pete also runs his website, www.petefinnigan.com, dedicated to Oracle security providing help and free tools to the community.
- Battle Against Any Guess
- A Partly Cloudy Future
- Developing a Performance Methodology
- The DBA as Designer
- Running Oracle on Windows
- Managing SQL Performance
- PL/SQL and the CBO
- Understanding Performance Optimization Methods
- Choosing a Performance Optimization Method
- Managing the Very Large Database
- Troubleshooting Latch Contention
- Measuring for Robust Performance
- User Security
- Securing Data
This book is an anthology of effective database management techniques representing the collective wisdom of the OakTable Network. With an emphasis upon performance-but also branching into security, national language, and other issues-the book helps you deliver the most value for your company's investment in Oracle Database technologies. You'll learn to effectively plan for and monitor performance, to troubleshoot systematically when things go wrong, and to manage your database rather than letting it manage you.
- High Profile: Written by some of the most widely-recognized Oracle experts in the world, and backed by the OakTable Network.
- Long-lived: The authors have made a point of writing content that will almost certainly be valuable over the next several releases of Oracle Database.
- Well-promoted: Each author is frequently in the public eye, and will promote the book through their blogs, their presentations, their training courses, their websites. The book will also be promoted by the OakTable Network, and likely by many members of that network who are also in the public eye.