- Principles and Method
- Client Performance
- IIS 7
- ASP.NET Threads and Sessions
- Using ASP.NET to Implementand Manage Optimization Techniques
- Managing ASP.NET Application Policies
- SQL Server Relational Database
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- Infrastructure and Operations
- Putting It All Together
Ultra-Fast ASP.NET presents a practical approach to building fast and scalable web sites using ASP.NET and SQL Server. In addition to a wealth of tips, tricks and secrets, you'll find advice and code examples for all tiers of your application, including the client, caching, IIS 7, ASP.NET, threads, session state, SQL Server, Analysis Services, infrastructure and operations. By applying the ultra-fast approach to your projects, you'll squeeze every last ounce of performance out of your code and infrastructure-giving your site unrivaled speed.
The approach is mostly prescriptive; rather than drowning you in options, the book presents and explains specific high-impact recommendations and demonstrates them with detailed examples. Using this knowledge, you will soon be building high-performance web sites that scale easily as your site grows.
- Written by an ex-Microsoft software architect with direct experience of implementing these techniques for websites ranging from small startups to massively parallel enterprise applications such as MySpace.com
- Provides readers with a one-stop reference to website performance covering every stage from the client-machine through the web-server code to the underpinning ASP, SQL and IIS engines on which the code runs
- Explains the relationship between speed and scalability and emphasizes the need to tackle both elements simultaneously within your website to achieve a balanced result