Über den Autor
Robert Christopher Feenstra and Alan M. Taylor
1. Trade in the Global Economy
2. Trade and Technology: The Ricardian Model
3. Gains and Loses from Trade in the Specific-Factors Model
4. Trade and Resources: The Heckscher-Ohlin Model
5. Movement of Labor and Capital Between Countries
6. Increasing Returns to Scale and Monopolistic Competition
7. Offshoring of Goods and Services
8. Import Tariffs and Quotas under Perfect Competition
9. Import Tariffs and Quotas under Imperfect Competition
10. Export Subsidies in Agriculture and High-Technology Industries
11. International Agreements: Trade, Labor and the Environment
12. The Global Macroeconomy
13. Introduction to Exchange Rates and the Foreign Exchange Market
14. Exchange Rates I: The Monetary Approach in the Long Run
15. Exchange Rates II: The Asset Approach in the Short Run
16. National and International Accounts: Income, Wealth, and the Balance of Payments
17. Balance of Payments I; The Gains from Financial Globalization
18. Balance of Payments II: Output, Exchange Rates, and Macroeconomic Policies in the Short Run
19. Fixed Versus Floating: International Monetary Experience
20. Exchange Rate Crises: How Pegs Work and How They Break
21. The Euro
22. Topics in International Macroeconomics
Combining classic international economics with straight-from-the- headlines immediacy, Feenstra and Taylor's text seamlessly integrates the subject's established core content with topic areas and ideas that have emerged from recent empirical studies. This multi-media pack contains the print textbook and LaunchPad access for an additional £5 per student.
LaunchPad is an interactive online resource that helps students achieve better results. LaunchPad combines an interactive e-book with high-quality multimedia content and ready-made assessment options, including LearningCurve, our adaptive quizzing resource, to engage your students and develop their understanding.
Unique LaunchPad features included in International Economics:
. Pre-built Units for each chapter, curated by experienced educators, with media for that chapter organized and ready to assign or customize to suit your course.
. Intuitive and useful analytics, with a Gradebook that lets you see how your class is doing individually and as a whole.
. A streamlined and intuitive interface that lets you build an entire course in minutes.
LearningCurve in Launchpad
In a game-like format, LearningCurve adaptive and formative quizzing provides an effective way to get students involved in the coursework. It offers:
. A unique learning path for each student, with quizzes shaped by each individual's correct and incorrect answers.
. A Personalized Study Plan, to guide students' preparation for class and for exams.
. Feedback for each question with live links to relevant e-book pages, guiding students to the reading they need to do to improve their areas of weakness.
For more information on LaunchPad including how to access our support centre, and watch our video tutorials, please visit here.
To request a demo click here.
A fresh and up to date approach with an emphasis on empirical evidence