Über den Autor
John Clark is Professor Emeritus at the University of Western Sydney and Adjunct Professor at Macquarie University.
Colin Yallop is Adjunct Professor in English at Macquarie University, an Honorary Fellow in the School of Languages and Linguistics at the University of Melbourne, and Chief Editor of the Macquarie Dictionary.
Janet Fletcher is Associate Professor in the School of Languages and Linguistics at the University of Melbourne.
2. Segmental Articulation.
3. Units of Speech.
4. The Phonemic Organization of Speech.
5. The Generative Approach to Phonology.
6. The Anatomy and Physiology of Speech Production.
7. The Acoustics of Speech Production.
8. Speech Perception.
10. Feature Systems.
11. The Progress of Phonology.
Appendix 1: Phonetic Symbols.
Appendix 2: Features.
This fully revised third edition integrates updated references, new findings, and modern theories, to present readers with the most thorough and complete introduction to phonetics and phonology.
* Exceptionally thorough, including detailed attention to articulatory and acoustic phonetics as well as to the foundations of phonological analysis
* Features a number of valuable changes, incorporating new material on the latest findings in speech production studies; greater coverage of prosody, including a major section on autosegmental metrical models; expanded coverage of phonology, including Optimality Theory; and sections on L1 and L2 acquisition, and sociolectal variation
* Integrates new findings, theories references throughout, offering students the most thorough and complete knowledge of the subject to date
* Includes 125 figures throughout